Sunday, April 17, 2016

Smile... God is in Control...

I am learning to be thankful in whatever situation I find myself in--whether good or bad. Knowing that God has a purpose and plan for my life is comforting. Believing that He is omniscient and all powerful, helps me realize that God is never taken by surprise. He knows about our situations that we experience-the love, the hate, the joy and the pain we sometimes go through even before we experience it. We may not fully understand why God allows certain things to happen to us or why they enter our lives, but rest assured He has a plan. The bible says, "His thoughts are not our thoughts and His ways are not our ways". We have been misled by a popular doctrine which paints the Christian life as being a path paved with perfection and endless blessings. Based on my experiences I know that every difficult situation God allowed into my life came with opportunity. That's right! An opportunity to experience an aspect of God in a different way. With saddness, I experienced God's comfort. With heartbreak, I experienced His love. With discouragement and situations that made me feel so frail in this life, I experienced His strength. So in every situation (good and bad), especially the bad, it may be hard but remember to smile at the end of the day, for Our Lord Jesus Christ has a plan and more importantly a purpose and He is providing an opportunity for you to get to know Him and experience the blessings of His love, mercy and grace.
1 Thessalonians 5:18















No comments:

Post a Comment