Monday, August 24, 2015

Being Thankful

It`s easy to look at our lives and think about all the things we dont yet have. All the dreams we have not yet achieved. To focus on these things and let them overwhelm us in unimaginable ways. I`m guilty of this from time to time, and lately more often these days. It`s funny how in these moments of  "extreme grief", we overlook the everday blessings that we are showered with in the simplest ways. The fact that I am breathing on my own without tubes or a ventilator, and I have a roof over my head, clean water, I can choose what I want to eat most days, I can take a shower and  put on clean clothes. So when I consider the realities faced by others in different parts of the world, I am convicted and realize that if none of my dreams ever come true, I have more than enough reasons to give God thanks....let alone my SALVATION!!!  

Lately, God has been teaching me about contentment--being content in whatever season of life I find myself in. Being grateful and thankful for where He leads me, even if it is not where I want to be led. I've learned that in every situation, I must give God thanks. Even if I dont understand what is happening, or if the situation seems challenging, my reaction should always be one of thanks. 

I've learned that thankfulness is really an attitude we choose and one that stems from our level of faith in God. Knowing and believing that God is control over every situation in the life of a believer, is comforting and should reassure us that even in the most difficult times, God sees all, knows all and has a purpose in all. Below are some wonderful verses that I will be reflecting on in the next couple of days to remind myself of the faithfulness of God and to strengthen myself in my faith in Him when I feel down. I invite you to reflect on these too as they may help you along this journey of faith.

1 Thessalonians 5:18:
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Blessings,
Tope

No comments:

Post a Comment