Friday, August 28, 2015

One day at a time


I guess I'll take this life journey one day at a time. Some days are harder than others but on those most difficult and challenging days I still hold onto the promises of God. Rehearsing scripture in my heart and mind to remind myself of God's unfailing love for me and His greater purpose for my life.   I  focus and dwell upon these truths that have helped me tremendously in the past. Knowing that whether God has placed me in certain situations or I through disobedience have ended up here,  He is still present, even in the times of trouble. His love still persists. His forgiveness never ending. I really believe my Lord when He says in Jeremiah 29:11, " For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope". Lord today I pray you will continue to encourage my heart and I ask also that you surround me with fellow brothers and sisters in Christ who are also on this faith journey, some of them just starting out, others tired and worn from years of travelling, as well as those who have lost their way and those who have begun to question the way, confused by the world and what's happening around them. Lord help us to encourage and uplift one another in the body of Christ, through your word and the testimonies you add to our lives daily. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment